Kailash & Mansarovar Package
Mt. Kailash, claimed to be the apex of the Hindu religious axis is also one of the highest mountain in Tibet at 22,020 feet, and lake Mansarovar at 14,950 feet is said to be the highest fresh water lake in the world. Certainly a difficult region to reach with variable and extreme weather conditions. The distance from Lhasa for example is approximately 2000 km. Only during the last few years have many ordinary or not so ordinary travelers been able to experience this region. Road conditions are difficult much of the time and we have to make many preparations to ensure that we have a reasonable chance of reaching Kailash. We need to bring our own food and camping equipment. Basic lodges and teahouses can be found but the plateau is so remote that it is impossible to travel for several days without finding food available.
To travel for days on this remote plateau with the chance encounters of nomads herding their sheep or yaks is to be transferred into another way of life. To see and become part of such a devout pilgrimage as shown by pilgrims around Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar is to put some aspects of our western way of life into their proper perspective.
We begin the tour by traveling to Kathmandu and departing by road to the Nepal/Tibet boarder town of Zhangmu where we collect out transport. We travel by the Southern route and after our pilgrimage (religious or secular) we return by the same route. The day to day
program is outlined which we follow during our journey
OUTLINE ITINERARY; 10 NIGHTS / 11 DAYS TOUR:
Day 01: Kathmandu (1,300m) – Nyalam (3,750m) 150km, O/N at Guest House.
Day 02: Rest Days in Nyalam for Acclimatization, O/N at Guest House.
Day 03: Nyalam – Saga (4,600m) 280km, O/N at Guest House.
Day 04: Saga – Manasarovar (4550m) 460km, – O/N at Guest House.
Day 05: Explore Lake Manasarover then drives to Darchen (4,660m) 53km. O/N at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to – Dira Phuk (4,900m) 18km. O/N at Tented Camp.
Day 07: Dira Phuk – Zutul Phuk (4,750m) 20km. O/N at Tented Camp.
Day 08: Zutul Phuk – Darchen (14km) – drives to Mamas rover – Hor (4,330m) 60km. O/N at Guest House.
Day 09: Drive to Saga O/N at Guest House.
Day 10: Drive to Nyalam O/N at Guest House.
Day 11: Drive to Zhangmu to Border where transportation waits for the group to drive to Kathmandu. Service End
· Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis in 3 star hotel Kathmandu – 3 Nights
· Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guided tour
· Guest house, & Tented camp in Tibet
· English Speaking Tibetan Guide
· Japanese Land cruiser Jeep (4WD) or Bus (Depend on Group Size)
· Kathmandu – Nepal -Tibet border – Kathmandu privet Mini bus (Depend of group size)
· Kailash Travel Permit / Entrance Fee for Sightseeing point
· Normal Tibet Visa Fee for Kailash
· Tibetan and Nepal Guide.
· Daily Breakfast both Nepal & Tibet
· Nepal visa & Re – Entry Visa Fee
· Your Travel Insurance / · Emergency rescue charges by jeep
· Lunch & Diner in Kathmandu & Tibet / Bar bills & Beverage
· Sleeping bag & Jackets as well as personal equipment.
· Tipping / · Phone calls & Laundry
· Riding Yak/Horse for Kailash Round (direct payable to Yak/horse herder)
· Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation.
TOUR COST: PER PERSO N (GROUP JOINING BASED PRICE)
USD 1280/- + INR 55,000/- for Indian Nationality.
USD 2350/- for Foreign Nationality.
FIXED DEPARTURE DATE: 2016
MAY – 16th MAY / 18 MAY & 22 MAY
JUNE – 1 JUNE / 15 JUNE & 19 JUNE
JULY – 7 JULY / 15 JULY / 19 JULY
AUGUST – 3 AUG / 13 AUG / 19 AUG
SEPTEMBER – 2 SEP / 11 SEP & 14 SEP